Eager to Learn the Story?
Bible StoryBoards wants to help you learn the story of the Bible from beginning to end, so you can benefit by it and share it with others. If you take some time to learn the storyline along with the 15 pictures:
- You’ll know the simple story of God and man and this world that is woven through the entire Bible, from Genesis to Revelation.
- You’ll gain a deeper understanding of God’s love for us and His desire to have a relationship with us.
- You’ll discover what it really means to walk with God day-by-day through this fallen world.
- You’ll have a better understanding of how all the parts of the Bible fit together that will help you whenever you read or study the Bible.
- You’ll have a simple and interesting way to tell others what the Bible is all about so they will know the truth about who God is and what He has done for us.
What follows is a simple 3-step plan that will help you learn the bottom line story of the Bible.
Step 1: Discover the Story that is Woven Through the Entire Bible
Though many people know random familiar stories or passages from the Bible, very few know the primary story the Bible tells from beginning to end. And even those who know a lot about the Bible usually don’t understand how all the different parts fit together – history, poetry, instructions, prophecy, songs, and even letters.
We suggest you start by simply reading the story that is summarized in our Bible StoryBoards book. Our 15 pictures and the storyline that goes with them will take you through that simple story of God’s relentless pursuit of a relationship with us. It’s the main thing God wants everyone to know from the Bible.
You can simply read it like any other book or use it as a devotional and take one StoryBoard a day for fifteen days.
The goal is to simply read it and let the truth it tells about God and man and this world soak into your heart and mind. Focus on what it teaches, over and over again, about who God is and who we are, and what it means to walk with Him.
The following Bible StoryBoards resources can help you discover the simple storyline of the Bible:
Step 2: Get to Know the 15 StoryBoards
Two factors are essential for you to get the most out of Bible StoryBoards – time and effort. Whatever time and effort you invest in getting to know the story of the Bible will be worth it.
- Your relationship with God will grow as you grow in your understanding of the story the Bible tells about God and man and this world.
- You’ll be better prepared to read and study the Bible as you understand more about how the Bible all fits together into one story.
- You’ll be prepared to tell others the story.
Here is a suggested sequence for taking your relationship with Bible StoryBoards and the story of the Bible to the next level:
- Make or purchase a set of the 15 StoryBoard flashcards. On the back of each flash card note the key words and main ideas of the story behind each picture.
- Use your flashcards to help you remember the storyline. Spend some time going through the flashcards in order and telling the story each one represents. Check back in with the book when necessary.
- Review your flashcards as often as you can. Practice putting the flashcards in order and telling the story at least once a day for the next fifteen days and then frequently after that. This will help you cement into your mind the storyline of the Bible
The following Bible StoryBoards resources can help you deepen your knowledge of the story:
- The Bible StoryBoards flashcards are available here
- The Bible StoryBoards web site “Draw It” pictures are available here
Step 3: Start Sharing the Story with Others
As you are learning the simple storyline of the Bible and what it teaches about God and man and this world, start sharing it with others. It’s a great way to help you remember it, and you’ll find that people will take an interest in what you’re learning.
Most people in the world today are very interested in spiritual things. Though many of them know nothing about what the Bible is really about, most would love to know. Simply sharing the bottom line story of the Bible with them will give God the opportunity to open their hearts and minds to Him.
If you’d like help with telling the story of the Bible to others, you can go to our Excited to TELL the Story page by clicking here. There you will find helpful suggestions for sharing the story.